What the New Google Search Essentials Tells Us About SEO
Are you familiar with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines?
It has been around for years (until now), and it broke the dos and don’ts of SEO.
But it was outdated. So, Google replaced it with Search Essentials which gives you a whole new set of requirements if you want to do well with SEO.
They go much more in-depth with what they like and don’t approve of. A lot of it is vague, similar to the old Webmaster Guidelines but they do provide some specifics that will help you out when it comes to SEO.
Here’s what you need to know:
They spend a lot of time covering automated content. And it makes sense because there are a lot of tools that provide AI-generated copy.
Heck, we even offer AI content as part of our Mslive SEO tool, and to give you an idea over 20,000 people use it daily.
But I’ve been one of the biggest critics of AI content because no matter what tool you decide to use none of them are good enough to replace a human.
Instead, you can use them to give you a head start, but you need a human to help modify the content to help make it better as well as to add creativity to the piece.
Here’s what Google shared what they don’t like when it comes to AI written content (keep in mind Google also put this in the spam section of Google Essentials):
- Text that makes no sense to the reader but contains search keywords
- Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
- Text generated through automated processes without regard for quality or user experience
- Text generated using automated synonymizing, paraphrasing, or obfuscation techniques
- Text generated from scraping feeds or search results
- Stitching or combining content from different web pages without adding sufficient value
The big takeaway for you here is that Google isn’t saying that you can’t use AI-created content. They have an issue with the quality of AI content.
Just think of it this way if you create AI-written content on a mass scale and don’t have humans editing it, people won’t find it valuable, they will bounce away, and the user metrics won’t be great… which all just means it won’t rank well.
With your content marketing efforts if you want to rank well you really only have a few good options:
- Write content yourself
- Pay someone to create your content
- Use an AI tool to create content, and then use a human to HEAVILY modify it.
If you choose option 3 and still want to rank well, when I say you need someone to “heavily” modify it you’ll have to do a few things:
- Expand upon the length – most AI-based content is too short and barely covers the topic. Adding more words will provide more value to the reader.
- Add in personal experiences – people love storytelling and reading about personal experiences. It’s how we learn. It’s too hard for an AI writer to add in “personal experiences”. So you will want a human to add that part in.
- Make your content fresh – what’s old is old and has probably already been read before. AI writers are pulling from the web and using what’s been written on before to create something that is “new”. But in all honesty, it really isn’t new, it is just regurgitated content. So, you’ll need someone to add in new stats, data, information… anything that makes it stand out from the competition.
- Add a dash of personality – in the future AI writers should be able to add personality to the content they create, but I haven’t seen it yet. I’ve literally paid for most if not all the AI writers and tested them out. I’ve yet to see one that adds personality. People connect with humans, not robots, so show your personality through your content.
To even place more emphasis on quality content, Google also recently released the helpful content update, which pretty much breaks downs that you should focus on writing content for users and not Google.
#seo consultancy services in thanjavur
#best seo consultancy services in thanjavur
#seo consultancy in thanjavur
#best seo consultancy in thanjavur
#local seo services in thanjavur
#local seo services thanjavur
#best local seo company in thanjavur
#seo agency in thanjavur
#national seo services in thanjavur
#national seo provider in thanjavur
#national seo in thanjavur
#link building services in thanjavur
#thanjavur link building services
#guest posting service in thanjavur
#guest blog posting service in thanjavur
#high quality guest posting services thanjavur
#google penalty recovery services in thanjavur
#google penalty removal services in thanjavur
#google adwords management services in thanjavur